A passerby, walking in the Fritz Conijnstraat in Amsterdam on the night of 25 - 26 October, first thought she heard a baby intercom, but by listening more closely, discovered that the crying she heard came from the underground container on the corner of the street. She immediately called the emergency services. They rescued the baby from the container.
Below we have specified some characteristics of the baby, in order to try and find out who this child is and who her parents are:
- On 26 October 2014, the girl was between 10 and 20 days old.
- She has a lightly toned skin.
- On her lower back and buttocks, the girl has a blue pigment mark, a sort of birthmark. This is no injury.
- Both ring fingers have a specific defect causing these fingers to be permanently bent.
- The girl probably has had a so-called ‘Mantoux test’; she had a small scratch and sticking plaster on her foot. We therefore appeal to the medical world to share information. Persons bound by professional confidentiality and therefore doubt if they should call the information line, can seek guidance by the advisory body of their ( medical) professional group..
The little girl wore:
- A white romper, brand ‘Petit Villain’, with the words :’I (small heart) Grandpa’.
- A grey shirt, size 50, brand ‘Peaple’.
- Small white trousers of the ‘HEMA’, also size 50.
- She was found in a plastic bag of an Italian clothing line ‘Globo’
The container is situated close by a block of flats at the end of the Fritz Conijnstraat, in Geuzenveld, close to the S103, the Haarlemmerweg. We want to speak to everyone who has been in this vicinity on the Sunday morning of 26 October 2014 and has information.
Around 04.00 o’clock just before the baby was found, a person was spotted walking down the street. This person went into one of the doorways of the flat. We want to know who this person is, since he/she might have crucial information.
Just before 04.14 o’clock, around the time the baby was discovered, a light-coloured car, type Sedan, was parked in the Fritz Conijnstraat near to the container in which the girl was found, from which loud music came. In the car was a coloured man of about 30 years old, between 175/180 cm tall and short, dark hair. The car rode away in the direction of the Burgemeester Vening Meineszlaan. We would like to speak with this man. So if you are or know this man, please contact the police.
The team seeks answers to the following questions:
- Who can provide us with information about who dumped the baby in the container?
- Were you on or around 26 October 2014 in the Fritz Conijnstraat and have you seen anything that might have something to do with this case?
- Who recognizes the child in combination with the specific bodily characteristics and/or clothing?
- Who misses a newly born in her or his environment?
- Who has more information about the clothing and/or plastic bag in which the child was found in combination with the description of the baby?
- Are you or do you know the father and/or mother of this child?
You can contact the police if you have any information concerning this case, using the tip form. You can also call 0800-6070 or anonymously by dialling 0800-7000