Нажмите здесь, чтобы открыть страницу на русском языке
Contact the JIT
We are putting great effort into finding the truth about the crash of MH17. The JIT is especially looking for insider and/or eye witnesses, who can tell us more about the role that different persons have played in the downing of flight MH17, the instruction that was given and the command structure. If you have any information, please contact us. We will handle your information with ultimate care.
JIT investigators are available to help you in several languages including Russian and Ukrainian.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0800-300014 (free from Ukraine) or 0031-886624600 (Dutch phone number, local rate).
- WhatsApp: call or text +31683559290.
- For uploading photographic or video material.
We prefer WhatsApp calls over phonecalls.
For safe communication with us through e-mail, we advise you to do the following:
Setup a new Gmail email account. You can do this on: https://www.gmail.com. Or use public/free Wi-Fi. Often you can find free Wi-Fi spots at hotels or cafes.
For safe communication with us through phone, we advise you to do the following:
Always use a new pre-paid phone and/or SIMcard.
Hier is een YouTube-video ingesloten. Deze kan niet getoond worden omdat u geen cookies accepteert. U kunt de video ook bekijken op http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhyd875Qtlg
Information about 53rd Anti Aircraft Missile Brigade
The BUK TELAR that shot down Flight MH17 originated from the 53rd Anti Aircraft Missile Brigade from Kursk in the Russian Federation. The JIT would like to know the following about the deployment of this BUK TELAR on 17 July 2014.
- Who was part of the crew on July 17, 2014?
- What was the instruction given to them?
- Who was in charge of this crew?
- Who was giving the orders?
- Who was part of the crew during the movement of the BUK TELAR from the Brigade in Kursk in June 2014?
- What was the instruction given to this crew (in June)?
- Who was in charge of this crew (in June)?
- Who was giving the orders?
- Who was responsible for the operational deployment of this BUK TELAR on 17 July 2014?
- Who can give us more information about procedures and responsible persons within the 53rd Brigade?
- Who is in the possession of images and/or videos from the BUK and/or members of the 53rd Brigade and their location between 25 June and 18 July 2014?
We are convinced many people have this information, such as staff members of the 53rd Brigade, but also family members, friends or acquaintances. And even people who have no connection at all with the 53rd Brigade. If you know the answers to these questions or if you know people who can provide answers, please contact the JIT. The JIT is getting close, so this is the time to come forward with your information.
We will handle your information with ultimate care. JIT investigators are available to help you in several languages including Russian and Ukrainian. Images and videos can also be uploaded here.
Witnesses can contact the JIT to provide information or evidence. For those concerned about safety, refer to Witness Safety & Protection.
Press Meeting JIT May 24, 2018
- Please read the latest press release about the JIT-findings and witness appeal
- Watch the full press meeting about the latest JIT-findings and witness appeal:
Hier is een YouTube-video ingesloten. Deze kan niet getoond worden omdat u geen cookies accepteert. U kunt de video ook bekijken op http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqdW3_0pPr4
Information about missile from 9M38-series
Forensic investigation confirms that Flight MH17 was shot down by a 9M38 series BUK missile. A venturi, the exhaust of the missile and a casing, the shell of the missile engine were found in Eastern Ukraine.
To complete the tactical investigation the JIT urgently appeals to everyone who can give the JIT more information about the following:
- Do you recognize the handwriting of the number on the venturi?
- Do you have information about the numbers on the venturi?
- Do you have information about the numbers on the casing? Or are you – or do you know - someone who can confirm the meaning of these numbers?
- Are you - or do you know - someone who has knowledge of the serial number of the missile these items belong to?
Are you or do you know someone with information about the missile in which these parts have been placed and to which unit this missile was delivered?
We will handle your information with ultimate care. JIT investigators are available to help you in several languages including Russian and Ukrainian.
Press Meeting JIT May 24, 2018
Hier is een YouTube-video ingesloten. Deze kan niet getoond worden omdat u geen cookies accepteert. U kunt de video ook bekijken op http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-np3_Xa5kE
Witness safety and protection
The JIT pays serious attention to the security of witnesses. We strongly advise you that you should never reveal your actual (current) or intended assistance to the investigation to any person or agency outside of the JIT.
If you are concerned about your safety and/or the safety of your relatives/friends, various protective measures can be taken. Such as:
- Discussions/interviews can take place in safe places in or outside your country. If travel is needed the JIT may provide assistance
- In some cases the identity of the witness can be shielded or protected
- In certain circumstances a witness protection program may be necessary.
Witness protection programs:
- are intended to provide an environment in which the witness may give evidence without fear of retribution
- can protect witness identities and may include the use of assumed identities
- may extend to people associated or related to the witness, such as family members
- may include re-location and in some cases permanent re-settling in another country.
Inclusion in a witness protection program is not to be considered as a reward. It is governed by strict protocols and is on voluntary basis.
Every JIT nation has their own witness protection programs, many of which have cooperative arrangements with other nations.
Witnesses can contact the JIT to provide information or evidence.
Reduction of Sentence for Ukrainian crimes
For those under suspicion or accused of Ukrainian crimes, there are significant incentives to providing evidence in criminal matters, such as the investigation into the downing of the Boeing (MH17). This is especially applicable to pro Russian fighters interested in leaving the conflict zone, but concerned about being charged with criminal offences arising from their participation in the armed conflict in Eastern Ukraine.
Since April 2017 changes to the Criminal Procedure Code of Ukraine allow the public prosecutor, under certain conditions, to conclude a plea agreement (a deal) with a suspect or person accused of grave (terroristic) crimes. An Agreement may result in reduced or suspended punishment.
Any plea agreement depends on the level of cooperation, as well as the reliability and value of information provided about other crimes or criminals. The changes to the Code allow for agreements to be made before or during trials. All agreements need to be examined and approved by the Court.
The prosecution of those responsible for downing Malaysia Airways flight MH17 can take place in the Netherlands. This was decided jointly by the countries whose law enforcement authorities are working together in the Joint Investigation Team (JIT) – Australia, Belgium, Malaysia, Ukraine and the Netherlands.
The national prosecution in the Netherlands will be rooted in close and enduring international cooperation and support.
Information Orion and Delfin
The JIT is still looking for more information concerning the following people:
- Person 1: Alias: Orion (call sign). First names: Andreay Ivanovich
- Person 2: Alias: Delfin (call sign). First names: Nikolay Fiodorovich
The JIT has several wire tapped conversations in which these people participate. If you know who these persons are please contact the JIT
About the criminal investigation
The criminal investigation is aimed at identifying the suspects and is conducted by the Joint Investigation Team (JIT). Visit the Netherlands Public Prosecutor’s Office for the latest information. You can also find us on https://vk.com/jitmh17investigation.
In the JIT the Netherlands Public Prosecutor’s Office and the Dutch National Police work together with police and judicial authorities of Australia, Belgium, Malaysia and Ukraine. The purpose of the criminal investigation is to establish the facts, identify those responsible for the crash and to collect evidence which can be used in every court, in any country.
Journalists with police-related press inquiries about flight MH17 can contact the press office by phone: 0031 (0) 653361397 or email: email@example.com.